It is hard to believe it has been 2 weeks since we moved. It seems like we have been here forever. Of course we had everything moved and unpacked before even the end of the first wk. And everything just fell into place. We fell back into our old routine pretty fast. (W/in the first 24hrs of being here, Lil A even fell into the whole running to his room to punish himself when he got in trouble. Lol).
I seriously love my house....and it really is a house. A huge 3 bedroom house w/ a huge yard (w/ tons of trees), a full (and huge) unfinished basement. A deck in the front and the back. The inside of the house is amazing. I have a built-in wine rack and bread box. A built-in spice cupboard. A pantry w/ pull out drawers Microwave above the stove (like my mother's) and dishwasher. Bay windows. Oh and a fireplace w/ a mantle which is currently holding all of my faery/dragon/wizard knickknacks. I have an awesome view of the hills. Totally awesome.
We haven't lived in a house since Levi and I first moved in together 6yrs ago. That house was a 4 bedroom house on the west side but Levi and I basically had our own apartment upstairs when we lived there...bathroom included. (A fact that use to piss off some of my old roommates). So living in house again is kinda weird but totally awesome.
I think the best part of our new house is the fact it is our own house. No duplex or townhouse. Our yard is our yard. We don't have to share it w/ anyone else. And the basement. The basement could be used for both storage (since it has built in shevles in one area) and a room...whether it be a living room or a bedroom. Either way the room would be huge.
The best part of where we live...it isn't the north side. I will never put my kids thru what I went thru growing up. The gang rapes 2 blocks away at a park. The weekly drive by shootings a block away. Ppl being constantly arrested in my front yard at 2 or 3 in the morning. Sirens and flashing lights waking everyone up in the house. The constant threat of violence. Never being able to be outside past 8pm even in the summer for fear of bad things happening. Yeah no thank you! I am very happy where we live.
The kids also love the house and their new room. They almost don't know what to do w/ all the room they have to roam and play. Almost. Lol.
Levi and I also realized just how big and quiet this house w/o the kids. They stayed the night at their grandparents house last night because their cousin was in town. This was the first time they have seen her in a yr and since she moved back. It was kinda creepy quiet and both of us kept thinking we should be checking on the kids. Lol. Ah the life of a parent.
Well anyway my new house is amazing with an awesome view...altho it feels like we have been living here forever. Levi and I are total parents...we need noise to relax because otherwise it is "too quiet!" Kids love the new place and know how to make it a home. So concludes this update of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.